Gas Fireplaces: Choosing The One For You
Nothing beats cozying up to a fire on a cold night – except the prospect of doing it at the push of a button, with no wood fire setup or cleanup hassles! That one-button convenience is exactly what you get when you install a propane hearth.
The question is, how do you pick the perfect propane fire feature for your home? Here are some basics to get you started.
Propane Hearth Basics
There are two basic categories of propane hearths:
- Propane fireplaces and stoves are standalone structures that you install where there is no pre-existing mantle. Propane fireplaces and pot-bellied stoves are a great solution if you’ve always wanted a home hearth but didn’t want to go through the hassle and expense of installing a masonry structure.
- Propane fireplace inserts and log sets are devices you install inside an existing masonry fireplace. They’re a great solution if you want a more convenient way to provide high efficiency warmth and ambience to your living space.
Whichever option you choose, you will have three basic considerations to keep in mind:
- Venting – There are three common venting options: direct, natural, and vent-free. The one that is most practical and safe will depend on conditions in your home, local fire and safety requirements, and your budget.
- Space – The size of a gas fireplace will often determine how much heat it can produce. You’ll need to know how much space you can spare for a fireplace – and how much heat you will need to warm the room. A good starting point to keep in mind for space heating in our region is to plan for 45-50 BTUs per square foot; for a more precise heating load assessment, ask one of our experts.
- Aesthetics – There are many trim features and options available for your fireplace – from simple modern to more classic designs. If you choose a propane log set, you’ll have dozens of realistic wood designs to choose from!
Our experts can help you answer these questions and any others you might have so you can get started on the road to your dream hearth.
Come home to a roaring fire at the flick of a switch this fall and winter – contact Fall River Propane today to get started on the road to a propane hearth by Napoleon for your Eastern Idaho, Southwestern Montana, or Western Wyoming home!