Five reasons to choose propane
Ask most Americans what source of energy is most likely to help us meet the challenges of global warming and they’ll probably say electricity.
But the truth is, propane gas is a key to a low-carbon economy: in fact, propane offers many advantages when compared to electricity. Consider these propane benefits:
- It’s more eco-friendly – Propane is a low-carbon fuel that is an approved alternative fuel under the U.S. EPA’s Clean Air Act. In fact, choosing propane rather than electricity to heat your home, cook your meals, heat your water, and power your appliances could cut carbon emissions in half. Use a propane clothes dryer rather than an electric model, for example, and you could reduce CO emissions by as much as three tons over the course of its useful life, according to the Propane Education & Research Council (PERC).
- It delivers onsite energy efficiently – About 66 percent of the electricity generated at most power plants is lost between the plant and the consumer, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. Propane gas, on the other hand, is energy generated on the spot, where it can be stored for immediate use or long-term use.
- It powers rural communities – More than 12 million households in rural America depend on propane’s direct energy to power their homes, and four out of five of U.S. farmers use propane grain dryers. By drying grain onsite, farmers reduce crop loss and improve yields, helping them to retain their margins.
- It’s reliable in a crisis – Highly portable propane is energy on demand, which makes it an incredibly reliable energy source after hurricanes, wildfires, or other disasters strike in a community. It’s also the perfect fuel for whole house generators, which can keep your appliances, safety systems, and other equipment working when the grid is down.
- It protects our most vulnerable consumers – According to a study released by the American Gas Association, policies that would force residents to convert their homes to electricity would increase average residential energy costs by as much as $910 per year, forcing lower income Americans to choose between heating their homes and purchasing necessary food and medicine.
When it comes to providing high-efficiency energy with a smaller carbon footprint, propane gas is hard to beat. Contact us today to learn more about clean, green propane and propane deliveries for your home or business in eastern Idaho, southwestern Montana, and western Wyoming.
Please note: At Fall River Propane, your safety and comfort are always our priority. Please see our Covid-19 Service Update Page to learn more about how we are working to keep our your family and our crews safe and your propane deliveries coming when you need them.