10 Q&As About Propane And Our Services
Get to know clean, green, and versatile propane gas—and Fall River Propane—with this month’s Q&A!
1. Is propane considered a “green” fuel?
Propane gas is an approved alternative fuel in both the Clean Air Act of 1990 and the National Energy Policy Act of 1992; it is nontoxic and insoluble in water. Because it is burned as a gas, it does not spill, pool or leave a residue, so it cannot contaminate groundwater. Propane’s carbon footprint is also much less than other fuels: a gallon of propane burned produces about half the carbon dioxide (CO2) as a gallon of fuel oil and produces less CO2 per Btu than ethanol, gasoline, biodiesel, kerosene, or coal.
2. What should I do if I suspect a gas leak from my tank?
Turn off the gas supply at the propane tank if possible, and contact Fall River Propane right away at 833-682-3671
3. Can I bury a propane tank on my property?
Yes. Burying a propane tank is a convenient way to store propane on your property, and because propane is a non-pollutant, there is no risk of soil contamination.
4. What tank sizes are available?
You can choose aboveground models in 120- 250- 500- and 1,000-gallon capacities to fit your home or business’ needs. You can choose underground models in 500- or 1,000-gallon sizes to fit the needs of your home or businesses.
5. What do I need to do to maintain my tank?
Fall River Propane is responsible for keeping your tank and propane system in working order. For your safety and to provide ready access to your tank, we ask that you keep grass and brush from growing up around your tank, and that you refrain from using the area immediately around your tank for storage. We also ask that you ensure excess water does not run into your tank (by your gutters and/or pets) in order to prevent rusting.
6. What kind of propane does Fall River supply?
Fall River Propane sells only the highest quality HD-5 propane & never mixes a lower grade in an effort to shave a few cents off per gallon. Mixing HD-5 with a lower, less expensive grade, adds propylene, which can cause gumming/sticking in the devices you use that are powered by propane. Mixing grades will result in a lower price but a far less quality product.
7. I’m on a budget and need to manage my fuel payments. What options do I have?
Yes, Fall River customers can participate in Levelized payments with equal monthly propane payments so you can budget for your propane costs. The levelized monthly amounts are adjusted annually in July based on actual usage.
8. Why should I choose Fall River Propane?
Fall River propane offers:
- Expertise – All our service technicians are fully trained and certified.
- Best-in-class safety – Fall River Propane always conducts leak checks to help ensure the safety of the customer, their loved ones and their property.
- Online convenience – You can order propane AND service work online through fallriverpropane.com.
- App capable – With our smartphone app, you can order propane, request service, view your last delivery date, receive a paperless statement, pay your bill, see your payment history and more!
9. I’m a Fall River Electric customer. Are there benefits to joining Fall River Propane as well?
Yes! Since FRP is owned by Fall River Electric, annual profits generated by FRP go back to FRE’s owner-members via FRE’s Patronage Capital program thus those propane customers who are also FRE members receive a portion of FRP’s profits. FRE members are buying from the propane company they actually own and are able to share in the profits of that business. You own Fall River Propane!
10. Where does Fall River Propane offer propane delivery?
Fall River Propane provides service to Eastern Idaho, Southwestern Montana and Western Wyoming. Already well established in Idaho and Montana, Fall River Propane has continued its growth by providing propane delivery service to homes and businesses in Afton, Thayne, Star Valley Ranch, Alpine and surrounding communities in the Star Valley and Jackson areas of Wyoming. Use our ZIP code locator to see if you’re in Fall River Propane’s service territory!
Since 1999, Fall River Propane has been delivering dependable, affordable home comfort to our customers in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. You just won’t find another propane provider more dedicated to serving your needs! Give us a call today—we’d love show you the difference we can make.