Propane: The Perfect Fuel For New Construction!
Whether you’re a builder or a home buyer planning a custom construction project, every choice you make about your future home will influence its value, comfort, and performance down the road—especially the source of energy you choose to power it!
Why Choose Propane?
Propane is the perfect power source for your next construction project—especially when compared to using electricity for many of your appliances. Consider these reasons to choose propane for your home build:
- It’s Super-Efficient: Propane appliances are clean-burning and efficient and will almost always outperform electric models of similar size and output. A tankless propane water heater, for example, can save its users up to 16 percent on energy costs compared to electric systems, according to the Propane Education & Research Council (PERC).
- It’s “Greener” Than Electricity: When you consider the whole fuel lifecycle, propane emits less than half the greenhouse gas emissions of electricity to produce the same amount of energy. Powering up with propane is far more environmentally friendly than electricity, in fact, that using it can earn your project points toward LEED certification (in LEED v4, commercial building projects can earn up to 28 points for propane installations, thanks mostly to its Energy and Atmosphere provisions).
- It’s Versatile: Propane can power just about any home comfort system—from furnaces, boilers and space heaters to water heaters, cooking rangers, clothes dryers and even fireplaces—all from a single storage tank that the propane supplier maintains.
- It Provides an Easy Path to Backup Power: Having propane onsite makes installing backup power generators much more convenient and affordable—a big benefit for future tenants as severe weather and power outages become more commonplace.
- It’s Powerful: Although electric heat pumps run efficiently, the fact that they don’t distribute air that’s warm to the touch can have a big impact on the people’s perception of comfort. Energy-efficient propane furnaces heat air to a much higher temperature than electric heat pumps, providing reliable comfort in every weather.
- You Can Use It Indoors or Outdoors: Propane is a great fuel for outdoor living, able to power firepits, patio heaters, grills, spa and pool heaters, and even lighting fixtures!
- It’s Extremely Safe: The propane industry is also highly regulated by codes and standards set by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), the Department of Energy (DOE), the Department of Transportation (DOT) and various state and local regulatory bodies. It’s a key reason why there are so few propane accidents each year. Propane technicians are also backed by the industry’s voluntary Certified Employee Training Program (CETP).
- There Are Great Propane Incentives Available: Efficiency isn’t the only economic benefit to choosing propane. Incentives and rebates can save you even more (we can help you discover these and others for your project).
Pondering the prospects of powering with propane? We think you should! Contact Fall River Propane today to learn more about propane deliveries and propane installations in Eastern Idaho, Southwestern Montana, and Western Wyoming!