Should I Buy or Lease My Propane Tank?
One of the most important decisions you will have to make as a new propane customer is whether to lease or buy your propane tank. The answer to that question depends on several factors that you will have to weigh before making your decision.
Let’s take a look at pros and cons of owning and leasing your propane tank:
Owning a Propane Storage Tank
When you own your own propane tank:
- You control who supplies your propane
- You can choose a tank from any manufacturer
Leasing a Propane Storage Tank
When you lease a propane tank:
- Your supplier will typically install and maintain the tank, covering all routine upkeep costs.
- In some cases, you will get preferred propane rates or coverage benefits that are not available to customers who own their tank.
- When you lease your tank, it ultimately belongs to your supplier.
- Changing suppliers often involves a termination fee.
Leasing Is a Smart, Affordable Choice!
Generally speaking, the disadvantages of owning your propane tank far outweigh the benefits.
When you own your propane tank, you’ll have to pay for a professional to install and maintain it so it’s up to code, anyway—plus, you’ll have to pay for any replacement parts and repairs that come up. Why go through that hassle? Sign up for a three-year tank lease today and get the first year on us!
Fall River offers hassle-free propane tank installations in Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming!
When you become a Fall River Propane customer, we’ll provide you a propane storage tank and set you up for reliable propane deliveries in Eastern Idaho, Southwestern Montana and Western Wyoming. We’ll walk you through our recommendations, then install the tank correctly. We offer both aboveground and underground installations—each done in compliance with all applicable laws and codes. You’ll have none of the worry or cost of personal ownership of the tank, and you’ll know your propane tank will be installed the right way.
Switching To Fall River Is Easy!
Our six-step onboarding process goes something like this:
- Choose your tank, choose your terms. You can learn more about tank rental on our tanks and monitors page located on our website.
- We deliver your new propane tank to your home or business. We will set your old tank aside and install your new Fall River propane tank.
- We transfer any remaining propane from your old tank into the new one.
- We fill your new Fall River Propane tank with the highest quality, cleanest, hottest-burning propane available on the market today.
- Our certified technicians will pressure-check your entire system and inspect for leaks to ensure your safety. If we find that any repairs are needed, the technician will explain the situation in detail before doing any work. If your system needs repair, there will be a charge for any parts and labor.
- Finally, we will call your former propane provider so they can come and pick up the old tank. You don’t have to worry about having any difficult conversations—we do all the heavy lifting. You will never have to deal with them again!
Whatever your preference or need, Fall River Propane can provide the best advice on commercial and residential propane tank installations in Southwestern Montana, Eastern Idaho, and Western Wyoming. Contact us today to learn more!